In the lead up to NAB Show 2017, 22nd -27th April, JCineCast is very proud to share that our long standing partner Cooke Optics have proudly released a new set of prime lenses Cooke S7/i to cover and image circle up to 46.31mm diameter. This includes every format from RED 8K VV 21.60×40.96 mm (46.31 diagonal) to Full Frame 24×36 mm (43.3 mm diagonal).
Why would you want a bigger Cooke Look?
Full Frame and Large Format is gathering momentum. It is future-proof because these lenses work equally well on Super35, current Full Frame, VV and the inevitable arrival of new cameras to come.
The new Cooke S7/i lenses are extremely fast and go incredibly close. Maximum aperture is T2. Minimum object distance is around 4 to 6 inches in front of the wider ones. Front diameters are nicely compact at 110 mm.
The S7/i lenses come equipped with /i Technology for frame by frame digital information capture. Focus is the same familiar Cooke cam-drive mechanism that feels as smooth and silky as the image looks. The main difference is large format coverage.
Available beginning June 2017 in focal lengths: 18, 25, 32, 40, 50, 75, 100 and 135 mm.
- Focal lengths: 18, 25, 32, 40, 50, 75, 100 and 135mm
- T2.0 – T22 aperture
- Covers up to 46.31mm image circle
- Colour matched to Anamorphic/i, S4/i, miniS4/i, 5/i and Pancro/i Classic lenses
- Award-winning cam style mechanism for smooth focus adjustments
- Especially well balanced for astigmatism and correct for lateral and longitudinal aberrations over the entire image area
- Supplied with the next generation of /i Technology for lens metadata capture
- Linear iris
- The Cooke Look®, of course