Panther is already a familiar brand to many local cinematographers. From jib arms to dollies, Panther provides high performance products to help cinematographers create spectacular box office hits. The brand continually strengthens its product portfolio with the newest and latest technologies, all designed to support cinematographers in producing more and better films. Let’s take a look at Panther ’s latest offerings.
Before we jump right in, consider this: On a bumpy, dusty mountain road, trying to capture a stable image from all angles certainly requires the assistance of the Maximus 7 stabiliser head. But in reality, no matter how effective the stabiliser head is, it will be affected, to a certain extent, by the safety equipment in use. To solve this problem, Panther has introduced two high-performance products to support the Maximus 7 and better guarantee picture quality.
Product 1: ISO Dampener
- Principle: By reducing rotation stress, shock absorbers and fixed jib arms, it provides a stabilising effect on the gyro head.
- Payload: 90 kg / 200 lbs
- Performance: Disturbing horizontal crane vibrations are absorbed by the ISO Dampener (310091), enabling remote heads and stabiliser heads to be additionally supported to achieve the perfect results. The level of dampening can be easily adjusted according to your requirements.
- Usage: Can be combined with cranes and shock absorbers.
- Accessories: The new Panther Mitchell Key (310066) enables a new way of rigging Mitchell mounts or remote heads, quickly and easily.
Product 2:Mini Shock Absorber
- Principle: Used with a gyro stabiliser head to reduce the vertical vibrations caused from high-speed chases and quick movements.
- payload: 70 kg / 155 lbs
- Performance: The Mini Shock Absorber (310249) can absorb vertical vibrations, supporting remote heads and stabiliser heads for the ideal image. The level of dampening can be easily adjusted according to your requirements. Mitchell connection plates can also be mounted overslung, underslung and vertical (Nose Mount / 90°).
- Usage: Provides more mounting possibilities such as scaffold mount, etc.
- Accessories: The new Panther Mitchell Key (310066) enables a new way of rigging Mitchell mounts or remote heads in a quick and easy manner.
Product 3:U-Bangi-Slider XY
Since the Panther U-Bangi-Slider system was introduced, it has received the thumbs up from many cinematographers. Now, the brand presents the new U-Bangi-Slider-XY.
360-degree movement:The U-Bangi-Slider-XY makes it possible to combine two sliders to make movements along both the X-axis and the Y-axis. This makes it even more flexible, and also means that your slider is no longer limited to just one direction. From now on, all directions are yours! The possibilities of the U-Bangi-Slider XY are almost infinite. In addition to the previously possible linear movements, the upper slider can make again linear movements — thanks to its 360° rotary adapter!
Length selection: Every cinematographer has different requirements, so the U-Bangi-Slider-XY is designed for you to configure with three different length options:
XY Extended Field of Vision The extended length is an additional advantage of the U-Bangi-Slider XY. You can determine how much the lower slider should be extended. This is great on small sets, because you only extend it if your shooting area allows it and if it is needed.
Upgrade your U-Bangi Slider! Every U-Bangi-Slider can be upgraded to a XY-Slider. If you are interested, please contact us. We look forward to serving you!
Product 4: Vibration Isolator
- Principle: Absorbs horizontal vibrations when used with the U-Bangi-Slider-XY system.
- Performance: The Vibration Isolator (310064) absorbs vibrations in the X- and Y-axis. Smoother shots without disturbing vibrations are the result. A flat design keeps your camera lens as low as possible. Ergonomic drag and brake knobs are integrated.
- Usage: Adjustable hydraulic shocks can be ordered as an option. Other mounts (bowl, euroadapter etc.) are also available.
- Accessories: The new Panther Mitchell Key (310066) enables a new way of rigging Mitchell mounts or remote Heads, quickly easily.
With so many exciting Panther products now available, are you excited about putting them to work on your next film? Contact us to learn more!