The Nagra Seven has been designed as the successor to the Nagra LB, ARES-C AREES-BB+ and Nagra V recorders. It is a flexible device and can be adapted to a multitude of specific applications depending on the internal options installed, such as Nagra Seven – Film, Broadcast & Explorer.
The Seven offers two analogue audio inputs and a single stereo digital input. It will record in PCM linear audio at sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz or in MPEG-1 layer II compressed audio formats if the compression option is installed. The inputs are equipped with traditional Nagra microphone preamplifiers for dynamic and phantom +48V microphones and offer a range of switchable sensitivities to accommodate all common microphones. AES-42 microphones can also be used as the recorder can supply the necessary 10V dc supply voltage on the AES input. The analogue LINE input will accept up to +24dB allowing it to be connected to a standard audio mixer in the field.
- Two discreet audio channels
- 16/24 bit, 192 kHz AD / DA
- User programmable Pre-recording buffer
- AES-42 compatible
- Internal sample rate converter
- Built-in channels matrix and M/S decoder
- Post-production compatible (BWF files) full iXML metadata
- Internal loudspeaker and headphone output